What's new in 3.1
1. The new
upgrade now contains a spelling bee for the built in spelling
dictionary and a spelling bee for spelling lists from text files. The
spelling bee interface for both has been improved.
2. The dictionary spelling bee now
allows you to select the dictionary category, word length filters and
list size from within the spelling bee.
3. Some of
the more uncommon complex words have been removed from the main spelling
dictionary and replaced by 2000 common words.
4. An improved dictionary import.
Words and sounds can now be imported. You can download word/sound
dictionaries to add to Dynamic Spelling Bee.
5 Dynamic Spelling Bee
can still use spelling lists
as well as the built in spelling dictionary. See our free Spelling List Library
for spelling lists. If the sound is available in via dictionary you can
blank out the word and the text files can use the sound if it is in the
- You can record a
word and link it to an actual word in the
- You could then use
that recording in the Spelling Bee to pronounce
- The quality of the
recording is limited only by the disk space, microphone
& sound card.
- High quality
recording can be linked to a word. No more
- Prompts in
Spelling Bee can be spoken or silent.
- In learn/Ripple
mode the letters are spoken before the
spelling attempt. You could make up a word called
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz and the program will
speak the Alphabet then ask the user to repeat
- A category containing sound examples is included.
- Version 3.0 Improved sound card device
- Version 3.0 If word sound available
then you have the option to blank out the word display.
- 20,000+ word main spelling dictionary.
Version 3.0 Have removed 2000+ uncommon words from
the main dictionary and replaced them with everyday words.
- Version 3.0 7000 words in up to a dozen categories with at least
free for your use
- Dictionary words can be dynamically monitored for all 10 users.
word status is updated with the user's latest attempt.
- The user spelling attempt can adjust the status of that word in
the dictionary either towards a failure level or a mastered level.
You can effectively remove the word from the dictionary for that
user when it reaches a mastered level. What's even more important
failures only can be attempted. This dynamic adjustment of
the word status is where the name of the program comes from!
- Version 3.1 You now Import sound
dictionaries via an import wizard making it easier to download extra
dictionary words/sounds. These can be downloaded
via our web site.
Dictionary Spelling Bee
- Version 3.0 Improves the look and feel of the
- Can produce random word lists from a spelling dictionary.
- Dictionary can be dynamically adjusted to eliminate mastered words.
- U.K. or U.S. spelling dictionary variations.
- 10 users are dynamically connected to dictionary.
- Can repeat word list or just the failures.
- Learn mode can flash or ripple the word, a useful aid.
- Full control over timing and display.
- Version 3.0 If sound available can be
used without displaying the word.
Text file Spelling Bee
- Version 3.0 New Text box spelling bee
just for your Text spelling lists.
- Version 3.0 Same control over the
spelling bee as the Dictionary spelling bee.
- Version 3.0 Can repeat word list or just the failures.
- Version 3.0 You can transfer your
spelling list into the dictionary in one go!
- Can use ordinary text files to load and save Spelling Bee lists
- Set the cursor to just before the list, click a button, and your
list is created - its that simple .
- Use standard edit functions cut, copy and paste
for added flexibility.
- Ten new spelling lists that concentrate on words for 5 to 11
- You can now download from within Dynamic Spelling Bee spelling
lists from our web site directly into your text lists folder.
Browse the dictionary
- Built in informal multimedia Spelling Bee, save words to
your Scrap Pad.
- Displays the words in sequential or Random order.
- Step through the dictionary one word at a time,
save any word to your scrap pad.
- Play the dictionary like a CD deck.
- Version 3.0 Improved interface and
response. Slider can be moved from A to Z in the
- Version 3.0 Improved user interface.
- See above for new Bulk transfer of words into the dictionary!
- This is where you make and link the sound
recording. You can use any sound recorder and
just link the waveform file.
- Search, amend, add or delete words using the dictionary
- You could use the dictionary to add words from a
different language provided it contains letters
only from the English Alphabet, for example Welsh
- Scrap Pad for each user
- Version 3.0 New HTML on line help
- View or print your previous history
- View and/or print the words from your last
Spelling Bee session, along with your attempt at
- New user wizard
- Send spelling bee list as email attachment if you
use MAPI client, i.e. Outlook Express.
- Can decide on first time start up if you require
US or UK dialect. This can be changed at
any time afterwards.
- Store window size/position of window. (For high
- The date used in the history report is now correct
for US or European formats.
- User history is no longer lost when you increase the size of the
number of records.
- We have simplified the software and
removed all password systems and CD ROM file paths.